Energy Advisor recognises and values the protection of your personal information.
- We are aware of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and we will ensure that we fulfil our obligations under that Act.
- We also recognise that you may have concerns about our collection of your personal information via our website.
1.Information we collect from you
- 1.1. From time to time, we may ask you to supply personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number or e-mail address. However, under no circumstances will we request or collect any information from you that may disclose your:
- 1.1.1. political, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations
- 1.1.2. health and sexuality
- 1.1.3. racial or ethnic origin
- 1.1.4. criminal convictions
- 1.2. We may also conduct surveys or market research and may seek other information from you periodically. These surveys will provide us with information that allows improvement in the types and quality of services offered to you, and how those services are offered to you.
2.Personal information via the Website.
- 2.1. Most commercial websites use “cookies‟, which are pieces of information that websites send to the browser and are stored in the computer hard-drive. Cookies make using the Website easier by storing information about your preferences on the Website. This allows the Website to be tailored to you for any of your return visits. Cookies will not identify you personally.
- 2.2. If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, by disabling the cookie function in your web browser you may impede your ability to use parts of the Website.
3.Your option not to provide your personal information
- 3.2. We may from time to time run competitions or offer additional benefits to you and we may ask you to provide us with your personal details for these purposes. Providing us with this information is absolutely optional to you. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us we may not be able to contact you or give you access to the additional benefits.
- 3.3. You may opt-out of these additional communications at any time and can do so by emailing us.
4.Use and disclosure of your personal information
- 4.1. Your personal information, including your e-mail address, will be used for three primary purposes:
- 4.1.1. To ensure the proper functioning of the Website
- 4.1.2. To assist us with our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements
- 4.2. We will not use or disclose (or permit the use or disclosure of) personal information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except:
- 4.2.2. To communicate promotional offers and special events to you
- 4.2.3. To avoid risks to the health and safety of an individual or society at large
- 4.2.4. Where the law requires us or authorises us to do so
- 4.2.5. Where you have given express consent to us for a prescribed purpose
- 4.3. We will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose, share or pass your personal information on to any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme which imposes similar restrictions to the National privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the handling of personal information.
- 5.1. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by our authorised personnel.
- 5.2. Please note that no information transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information are carried out at your own risk.